[MeeGo-community] MeeGo IT maintenance this weekend
Shaver, Michael R
michael.r.shaver at intel.com
Wed Jul 13 09:56:33 PDT 2011
The MeeGo IT team is planning a maintenance window for the *.meego.com websites and mailing lists this weekend. The expected maintenance window is Sat 16th July 16:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC and Sun 17th July 16:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC. The websites will not be down the whole time, but could experience some intermittent downtime. Affected websites include: meego.com, developer.meego.com, sf2011.meego.com, conference2010.meego.com, help.meego.com.
The changes planned are:
1. Introduce Bakery SSO integration for Drupal websites. 
* Bakery will improve the single sign on (SSO) for all Drupal websites we host and is preparatory for SSO on the other web services (Bugzilla, mediawiki, ...).
2. Migrate all the mailing lists we have from the current hosting site to the OSU infrastructure.
* There won't be any noticeable downtime except for the web interface of mailman. While migrating it could be unavailable for some minutes for each list.
* There won't be any mail lost just some delay due to the move and redirection of mails.
* While we are moving the subscription/unsubscription from mailing lists will be not work.
* Exact details available below. 
 Mailing List Migration
1) mail list will be migrated one by one, following items will be done once for each mail list.
2) first we'll defer processing all incoming messages for mail list, which means that they will be accepted from remote servers, but will reside in mailqueue unprocessed.
3) we'll transfer mail list archive and settings to new server, make sure that new list have appeared in mailman web interface.
4) using transport map in postfix on old server we'll route all mails for mail list to new location.
5a) if there are emails addressed to this list in old server queue, then try to pick one and force delivery, and make sure that it is processed by mailman.
5b) if there are no emails addressed to this list in old server queue, then write test email.
6) proxy all requests to this mail list mailman interface from old server to new server.
Once it's done and working fine we'll add MX record for meego.com domain pointing to new server, old server will be left as lower priority MX server and will forward all messages to meego.com domain to new server.
More information about the MeeGo-community