[MeeGo-il10n] IRC meeting Thursday 1400 UTC
glezos at indifex.com
Fri Sep 10 04:59:43 PDT 2010
2010/9/10 Marcin Sołtysiak <marcin.p.soltysiak at gmail.com>:
>> If I understand correctly, right until RC, translations will be
>> submitted. This means that the packager needs to issue an update
>> between the RC and release dates. Can this happen with the current
> Hmm.. I meant the follwoing workflow:
> * Stabilization - lot of translation work, some bugfixes in code
> * String Freeze - l10n polishing, no code changes (in i18n area)
> * Release Candidate - testing & critical bugfixes, no i18n/l10n
> changes unless impacted by critical bug
> * Release - The D-Day, Fork to next release branch => new cycle begins
Right. There are two important L10n dates: The String Freeze
(translations start) and the translation deadline (translations stop).
The basic questions we need to answer are:
For String freeze:
1. Can we have the string freeze policy blessed by the Release Engineering
2. How can we make sure (ideally, in an automatic way) that developers respect
the String Freeze? We can add support in Transifex to detect this and email
the right people.
For Translation Deadline: We guarantee to translators that their work until
this date WILL end up in the release. This means developers need to update
their packages after this date.
1. Is there enough time between the translation deadline and the last day
developers are allowed to issue updates?
2. We need to put this date on the official schedule and issue reminders to
3. How can we detect this automatically? This needs to be handled by OBS.
Hope this helps! =)
Transifex: The Multilingual Publishing Revolution
http://www.transifex.net/ -- http://www.indifex.com/
More information about the MeeGo-il10n