[Meego-kernel] Intel MSIC Battery Patch set : 29/11/10
ramakrishna.pallala at intel.com
Sun Nov 28 22:53:09 PST 2010
I'm sending a patch set for the Intel MSIC Battery driver for inclusion in the Meego kernel.
These patches need to be applied on top of "Cleanup and Improvement patch to Intel MSIC Battery Driver" patch.
[Patch 1/5] MSIC Battery : Register Initialization and conversion of coulombs to amphrs
- Changed charge units from coulombs to Amphrs
- Charge Control registers initialization.
[Patch 2/5] MSIC Battery : Added support for Emergency call Charging
- During charge cycle if the temperature is less than 0 degrees charge current will be limited to 325mA
- if the emergency call charging is enabled the charge current limit will be boosted to 950mA.
[Patch 3/5] MSIC Battery : Added Support for status monitoring
- Cleaned up the threaded irq function and added a new worker to monitor charger status register.
- As part of status monitoring we check fault conditions like Over Voltage, Over Temperature, etc..
And update the battery status and health accordingly.
[Patch 4/5] MSIC Battery : Added Support for Fuel Gauging
- To support Fuel Gauging few sysfs interfaces were added like Energy Now, Energy Full
Capacity Level, Charge Counter etc..
[Patch 5/5] MSIC Battery : Added Support for SW Charge Termination
- As the HW Charge termination is not accurate and not working on all platforms, we added Charge termination
functionality as part of the driver.
- During charge cycles we check for Open circuit voltage and if it is near to Charge voltage and consistent enough we will stop the charging.
- Also we have added the support for charge cycle counting.
- Maintenance charging logic is modified to support SW Charge termination, Charge cycle counting
Please find the attached compilation log.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the MeeGo-kernel