[MeeGo-pm] Release 1.2 MM3 - to be or not to be ...
joel.clark at intel.com
Tue Feb 1 06:07:35 PST 2011
I will say once again that the milestone exit criteria for each vertical device segment should be set by the vertical device segment team based on their segment requirements, not by the core team.
From: meego-pm-bounces at lists.meego.com [mailto:meego-pm-bounces at lists.meego.com] On Behalf Of jari.tahvanainen at nokia.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 3:45 AM
To: meego-pm at lists.meego.com
Subject: [MeeGo-pm] Release 1.2 MM3 - to be or not to be ...
When 1.2 was started qa team together with release engineering created initial targets for MM3 (and for other steps too). See http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Milestones#MM3
Definition: MM3 - Feature development phase completed
* All planned features integrated
o Medium and low risk items
o Lower priority items
* All Data flows verified from UX
* Reliability gaps identified
* Development focus switched from introducing new features to fixing bugs
* Translations done
So are we there? I would say no.
- All planned features integrated
o Core OS 77/303 = 25% (175/303=58% if one includes resolved to this)
o Handset 71/182 = 39% (80/182=44% if one includes resolved to this)
o IVI 0/11 = 0% (all features are in Accepted state still)
o Netbook - no features for 1.2
- All data flows verified from UX
o E.g. Handset KeyFeature Test Results on N900 http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Handset/Key%20basic%20feature/N900/936 having RR/PR = 85%/57%
o IVI - Basic Feature Suite on IA-Russellville http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Ivi/Basic%20feature%20testing/Ia-russellville/911 having RR/PR = 72%/59%
o For Core OS I suppose the current Dataflow set would be the closest one http://qa-reports.meego.com/1.2/Core/Dataflow/N900/923 having for N900 RR/PR = 90%/40%
- Reliability gaps identified - no data for this from QA (might be too early to have this in MM3)
- Translations done - I suppose this needs to be asked from Localization team - I have not done it (yet).
So what shall we do?
- Change MM3 criteria?
- Align our test sets according the current understanding of deliveries?
- Move features to be part of 1.3?
- Keep on taking features in as late deliveries and have a risk on quality ?
- Something else?
- All of the previous?
Details for feature data as a snapshot after this ...
For Core OS Planned features (having target_build <=188.8.131.52)
- Total - 323
- Verified - 27
- Released (and not verified) - 50
- Resolved (waiting to be released) - 98
- Accepted (under development) - 126
- Verified+released+resolved+accepted = 303
- Other (new, waiting, reopened, closed) - 20
For Handset Planned features (having target_build <=184.108.40.206)
- Total 191
- Released - 71
- Resolved - 9
- Accepted - 96
- Other (reopened) - 9
- Accepted+resolved+released = 182
For IV Planned features (having target_build <=220.127.116.11)
- Total - 11
- Accepted - 11
Note that I did not take all features for 1.2 into account here since I suppose the closest thing for Planned Features are the ones having target_build before MM3. Or what do you think?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MeeGo-pm