[Meego-porting] [MeeGo-SDK] can meego run on mips?
petar.jovanovic at rt-rk.com
Thu Jan 27 03:40:16 PST 2011
> * There is no MeeGo MIPS port currently, to my knowledge.
It's in progress.
From: meego-porting-bounces at lists.meego.com
[mailto:meego-porting-bounces at lists.meego.com] On Behalf Of Carsten Munk
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 8:04 AM
Cc: meego-porting at meego.com; MeeGo-sdk at meego.com
Subject: Re: [Meego-porting] [MeeGo-SDK] can meego run on mips?
2011/1/27 yang <larrupingpig at gmail.com>:
> can meego run on mips? sorry all !
> MeeGo-sdk mailing list
> MeeGo-sdk at meego.com
It is extremely rude to ask the same question over and over again in 4
different emails and it doesn't motivate people to help you.
However, as there's probably other people interested in the answer, here is
* There is no MeeGo MIPS port currently, to my knowledge.
* You will need to find a MIPS target that can support EGL+GLESv2 as
this is fairly fundamental for any hope of MeeGo compliance as MeeGo
API needs it.
* For this to happen, someone needs to take these packages and build
them manually on a MIPS target and then feed them into a OBS with a
MIPS target and qemu-mips installed:
* Then you let the OBS build these packages over and over until it has
a self-built set, fix the build issues that break
* Optionally add cross compilation helpers (bigger work), to speed up builds
* Then you build Trunk against it/a 'daily' import
* You then submit the patches to meego.com through
* Get corporate sponsors to add additional build power to
build.meego.com (an extra architecture is a drain on build resources)
* Have TSG approve MeeGo MIPS as a new architecture. You'll probably
have to help deliver sysroots and cross compilation toolchains for
* Enjoy your MeeGo MIPS.
MeeGo-porting mailing list
MeeGo-porting at lists.meego.com
More information about the MeeGo-porting