[Meego-qa] Bugzilla changes for tablet user experience open sourcing
shane.bryan at linux.intel.com
Mon Apr 4 11:46:04 PDT 2011
On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:06:51 +0800
"Wan, Shuang" <shuang.wan at intel.com> wrote:
> 2. Old "Platform" is renamed to Profile. This is to make the
> field name more meaningful to reflect the value list Handset, Tablet
> etc belong to;
I thought I saw this on Friday... seems to be gone again?
> 3. New field "Platform" is created to record hardware platform
> information in bug report.
Seems there are some missing key values still needed. None of the
Handset platforms exist.
Moreover, there seems to be a mixing of "platform" and "product" names
in the list, which will be confusing for many, since, for example,
multiple products can be built from/on the *same* platform.
See BMC# 15148 that I opened for this:
> Welcome your feedbacks and suggestions!
Other things I noticed this morning that are new and as yet unannounced
or explained on any ML I've found yet...
On any BMC detail view:
- Risk Level:
* What is the purpose and definitions of "Red", "Yellow"
* Under what conditions do they apply and what factors
into determining if the current Risk Level is "Yellow" vs. "Red".
* Who has rights to change it?
* When is it set and reviewed?
* Who owns keeping up to date?
- UX Status:
* Pretty much the same questions as above
* Seems to have disappeared, or it is now combined with "Platform" (or
is that what is supposed to read "Profile"?)?
- Some explanation of the newly added work effort metrics is probably
needed, esp for those new to them.
* When do these need to be used, and when is it optional?
On the search form (https://bugs.meego.com/query.cgi)
- Missing "Profile"
- Missing "Platform"
- Missing "Architecture" (Seems to be "OS", but that's not accurate
- Missing "Risk Level"
- Missing "UX Status"
- "Hardware" needs to be renamed "Profile" (I'm guessing)?
- "OS" needs to be renamed "Architecture" (I'm guessing)?
New bug entry form does not reflect any of the above changes or
new/redefined fields yet either. (https://bugs.meego.com/enter_bug.cgi)
I general, the changes being seen right now seem to either be
incompletely rolled out, or not completely thought out. Even worse, it
seems there has been no discussion of these changes *before* they
happened, providing the rational, justification, use cases, and impact
to developers and QA in their day to day activities.
More information about the MeeGo-qa