[Meego-qa] VOTE FOR: MeeGo QA Procedures and best practices
jake.kunnari at nokia.com
jake.kunnari at nokia.com
Tue Mar 1 00:13:13 PST 2011
Update of agreed items on MeeGo.com QA Weekly meeting 2011-03-01.
From: meego-qa-bounces at lists.meego.com [mailto:meego-qa-bounces at lists.meego.com] On Behalf Of ext veli-pekka.vatula at nokia.com
Sent: 08 February, 2011 13:32
To: meego-qa at lists.meego.com
Subject: [Meego-qa] VOTE FOR: MeeGo QA Procedures and best practices
I have had a action for a long time already about agreeing in this mailing list about the practicalities and process documents the 2 following things:
1) Who is the owner of the document
2) What are the most important documents to get "APPROVED"
The following list of Documents in our Wiki (http://wiki.meego.com/Quality#Procedures_and_best_practices) contains my proposal on what to do with the document:
1. Testability Checklist: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Plans/Testability-checklist owners: Nran and Jerry
2. Testability commenting: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Testability-commenting to be combined with item 1. Testability Checklist
3. Core Test Suite Development Guidelines: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/TestSuite/MCTS/MCTS_Development_Guideline owners: NRan and Jerry
4. MCTS Packaging proposal: http://wiki.meego.com/MeeGo_Core_Test_Suites_Packaging_draft NRan to clear out what to do with this
5. Test Plan Template: http://wiki.meego.com/TestPlanTemplate owner: tahvo. Document already updated.
6. Component test plan template: http://wiki.meego.com/CompTestPlanTemplate owner: Lingyu
7. Test Report template: http://wiki.meego.com/TestReportTemplateCollection dropped, qa-reports tool replaces this one.
8. Test case Template: http://wiki.meego.com/TestCaseTemplate owner: jakunnar. Doc is updated.
Time runned out, rest of items will be checked in next meeting 8th of March 2011.
9. Test Design Process: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/TestDesignProcessAndGuideline
10. Test management overview: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/Test_management_overview
These two documents are somewhat interlinked and are talking about the same issue but from two different perspectives and two different phases of the overall process. I propose that this whole Test management (including: design, review, execution roadmapping etc) would be made as a one umbrella document describing the big picture of MeeGo.com QA activities. These two documents would be part of this MeeGo Test Process description. Anyhow we need these two documents anyhow.
I propose that if jakunnar could take as ownership in discussiong how we describe the whole Test Process in MeeGo. This is not a small job to be done and needs multiple subtopics. I think that this proposal might end up in linking all the above documents in one big picture about what we do, but let's see.
Could you jakunnar consider of taking ownership of this task?
11. Test Set Guidance: http://wiki.meego.com/Quality/TestSetGuideline
This document is describing our current test set divisioning. SO in practice this is a kind of a "Moment of Involvement" definition for Test Sets in the lifecycle of the program. This is definitely needed document from my perspective. Document is created by May and pekoski. To me the question now is that should this then me further maintained by May or pekoski or whom? I do not have proposal for this.
Please comment on my proposal what to do with these documents by replying to this e-mail.
Then secondly please vote on the criticality by replying to this e-mail with the number of the document which you see important to be updated first. You can reply multiple numbers if you which.
Head Of MeeGo SW Testing
+358 40 8010050
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MeeGo-qa