[Meego-qa] QA related issues to discuss at MeeGo conference
aklapper at openismus.com
Tue May 17 05:57:17 PDT 2011
Dropping my list of issues that I'd like to push, mention or discuss at
the MeeGo conference next week, so you can prepare yourself or make up
your mind. No particular order in that list.
Please share your thoughts and other issues that you see not working out
well in MeeGo QA so this can be discussed in the open instead of behind
closed doors or private emails which harms the project.
It's just one click on the "Reply" button in your email client and
writing some text. ;-)
* Pushing developers to enhance stock answers at
everybody welcome to edit but either nobody knows about it or
does not see the advantages of sharing knowledge?
* Push managers/developers that set restrictions on access to a
bug report to always explain the motivation in a comment - this
is not happening currently and questions for reasoning remain
* Is all the medium/high triaging realistic? I don't think so -
* Bugzilla structure reorganization - Wanted or not by developers?
* Is 3rd party MeeGo Apps bugtracker hosting in bugs.meego.com
wanted? - https://bugs.meego.com/show_bug.cgi?id=12589#c10
* How welcoming is the triaging and QA/testing process to
volunteers outside of stakeholder companies, and how to improve?
* Partially chaotic usage of prefixes in bug summaries - see
http://wiki.meego.com/User:Andre/Bug_Summary_Prefixes for a
quick list. Does this need more structure or keywords instead?
* Evergrowing addition of fields to show_bug.cgi in Bugzilla
without any public discussion of its usefulness - e.g.
* Intransparent decision making on MeeGo_Release_Blocker requests
- who in PM has those powers and how to get them? See thread at
* Upstreaming of bug reports in components that are basically
unchanged in MeeGo - looks like everybody tries to avoid that
work and hopes that somebody else will upstream it instead?
Andre Klapper (maemo.org bugmaster)
More information about the MeeGo-qa