[Meego-tv] MeeGo Smart TV Working Group meeting minutes: May 10, 2011
narm at intel.com
Fri May 13 18:42:01 PDT 2011
MeeGo Smart TV Working Group meeting minutes:
- Date: 10 May 2011
- Chair: Narm Gadiraju
- Notes: Dominig Le Foll
- Roll Call and request for secretary/note-taker
- Agenda Approval
- Approve May 3/4, 2011 meeting minutes
- Scope of Companies' Requirements / Market Requirements / Feature Requests
- MeeGo Smart TV Project Office.
o Project Office Positions
o Request for nominations
- Face to Face meeting Update
- Any other business
- Narm Gadiraju, Intel Corporation
- John Roe, Accenture
- Dilshan De Silva and Peter Szalay, Espial
- Dominique Le Foll and Steve Gorman, Intel Corporation
- John Stebbins, JetHead
- Rudolf Streif, Linux Foundation
- Dilip Kenchammana, Nokia-Qt
- Wade Goudie, NSN
- Van Dao Nguyen, Sigma Designs
- Jim Condom, Videon Central
Agenda and Approve Meeting Minutes:
- The meeting minutes of May 3/4, 2011 were approved.
- The agenda was approved.
Review Near Term WG Deliverables: Remainder of actions request to the WG members.
- Provide their specifications proposal
- Sponsor candidate to the position open in the project.
- It was made clear that the Project and Product Manager are full time jobs.
- Both will be discussed in the face to face meeting.
Presentation by Rudolf on requirements:
Request for clarifications on requirement model from last meetings were received. Rudolf presented the model used by IVI which is fairly traditional.
- Define a roadmap
- Deduce requirements
o A few simple sentences per requirements. Example: Need to have screen come up within 3 seconds of bootup.
- Publish the road map on the Wiki
- Enter the requirement in the bug/feature tracking on MeeGo (Bugzilla)
Getting the requirement accepted does not guarantee that the implementation will follow as that later depends of the resource allocated to the task by the member of the WG and the community and project contributors.
As MeeGo is on a 6 months release cycle, this mode of operation must be kept in mind when establishing the roadmap.
Narm: How conflict between the desire of the WG to prioritize feature and the priority set by the team implementing the code?
Rudolf: Yes, it can be conflicting but as the WG members are also the main contributors, they have to find compromises.
Van Dao Nguyen: What happens to features which are delayed ?
Rudolf: If no extra resources (new or swap) can be found, they are pushed to the next release.
Narm: Who define the roadmap ?
Rudolf: The project Manager as he get the global vision of the desired requirements and the actual available resources.
Jim: The model decided 2 weeks ago was to discuss requirement on the mailing list first and then to publish on the wiki. Is that a good model.
Rudolf: Yes it can work.
Project Office, Role and Position Clarification:
- Rudolf restated the different key role which are open.
- The definition of these roles can be found here: http://wiki.meego.com/Working_Group_Process
Face to Face Meeting Update:
- Face to face meeting has been decided by vote and will take place on Thursday the 26th of May.
- Location will likely be the same as the conference and Nokia-QT is thanked for offering their location as a backup would the first one not be available.
- WG members are invited to book their travel accordingly.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MeeGo-tv